human growth hormone
The Latest Real Estate News, Investing and Housing Market Tips

Canadians who come to the U.S. to escape the cold weather may soon be able to stay longer.  A Senate bill has been proposed to allow retired Canadians 55 or older who own a , have a agreement, or a reservation to receive a visa to stay in the U.S. for up to 8 months — which is two months longer than the current .

As of now, Canadians are allowed to stay about 182 days — or six months minus one day — within a 12-month period.

Many Canadians own second homes in the U.S., particularly in California, , Arizona, and Texas.

“A lot of people want to stay longer,” Bob Slack, president of the , told Today. “They’d like seven months if they can.” The association estimates that Canadian snowbirds made 1.08 million trips to the U.S. in 2011.

Canadians are the largest group of foreign buyers in the U.S., and some housing experts say the proposed legislation would be an added incentive for Canadians to purchase second homes in the U.S.

. proposed the legislation.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.