In some cities, you can breathe a little easier. The maker of Honeywell air purifiers recently ranked the top cities with the best air quality, based on pollen counts, ozone concentrations, public smoking laws, green initiatives, and other factors.
Here are the top 10 cities with the cleanest air:
1. Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville, Fla.
2. Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Fla.
3. North Port-Bradenton-Sarasota, Fla.
5. Tucson, Ariz.
6. Colorado Springs, Colo.
7. Albuquerque, N.M.
8. Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, Wash.
9. Charleston-North Charleston-Summerville, S.C.
10. Lakeland-Winter Haven, Fla.
One of the places with the worst air quality? New York City. According to the Daily News, residents of New York City are breathing in pollen, bacteria, clothing fibers, fungus, tire rubber, dead skin cells, cooking fat, and carbon emissions.